Friday, May 9, 2008

I was left alone

My name’s Sadie, I’m 24. I’m here in Angela’s, a coffee house down by mine and Eric’s house; this is where he and I go every Sunday, ever since we were 17. I sit by myself, for a ridiculous reason.
I was waiting up for my best friend, Eric. We’ve been best friends since I can remember. We hung out all the time. Until now, he has a girlfriend, Dana. He liked her for a real long time. He finally got together with her last year and they have been inseparable. I didn’t mind, until he started braking our hangout time for her.
I’m sitting her listening to the stupid heater gurgle and spit (I didn’t say this was the nicest spot in town but who’s judging.) It was a cold but sunny day I wore the hat that Eric bought for my birthday 2 yrs ago. Its old but I like it. The tables cold and the chairs are hard, and yet I still wait for him like I do every Sunday morning, he says he’ll be there but again he isn’t. That’s because he slept over Dona’s. I wonder why he slept over there. Only god knows.
As I sit on the cold, hard, chair the lights above my head flash. It was kind of scary. But I was just thinking about Eric. I wonder why I care so much about him being with Dona. Maybe it’s because him and I went out a couple times in the past. But that’s the past. He’s with Dona now!
The heater rumbles on and on…it’s so annoying. Windows were shaking because of the wind. That aggravated me horribly. I decided to get up and leave. I didn’t want to waist another second on this kid. He doesn’t mean anything to me anymore. I got up. I turned to bush in my chair, and then I saw him. Eric walked in to Angela’s with Dona. He didn’t even see me. I could tell because he walked right by me and did nothing. I didn’t care.
Yes I did. I did care, and I know why. It’s because we had something in the past that I can’t let go.

No comments: