Friday, May 9, 2008

Caught Cheating

It turns out, that my boyfriend was cheating on me. I didn’t mind at first, until I found out it was with my only best friend. It was late November on a Friday. My boyfriend, Josh and I always go out on Friday nights. But lately he has been making other plans to hang out with his buddies and go to the basketball game. He left around five. I said ok and called my best friend Liz to see if she wanted to go, come on it was Friday, I didn’t want to stay home all by myself. I got a hold of her and it turns out she couldn’t come. Liz had told me “I really need to get my presentation ready for work tomorrow”. She always waits till the last minute to finish her work. I replied “ok then, maybe next time”. We said our “goodbyes” and hung up.
As I sat home on the couch and drank my tea, I realized that he left his wallet on the chair next to me. As I waited up for him I looked at the clock, “Its 11:30, where the hell is he, the game should have been over hours ago”. He walked slowly in and in to our room. I followed him. I asked him how the game was, and he said “what game?” I looked at his beautiful face and gave him a kiss, then told him “try not to drink so much next time” he laughed and I smiled.
If only he knew how much I loved him and how much I wanted him to succeed in life, and how important it was to go to collage, like I did. He fell asleep after ten minutes. I went over to him and took his clothes off to wash them. I noticed right away that his belt was missing, or maybe he didn’t ware one. The funny thing is he always does. I choose to ignore it. As I got to unbutton his shirt I realized that his shirt was missing three buttons. Two at the top, and one somewhere in the middle, He must have gotten into a fight. I told him about fighting and how the cops were trying to find any excuse to throw him in jail.
The next morning Josh woke up with a huge headache, and asked me for some ibuprofen. I said sure and handed him a glass of water to help take it down. I tried to start a conversation with him, so I started to talk. “So” I said, “how about we go out tonight with Mark and Angela?” He looked at me and shook his head no; “I don’t feel like it tonight, I think I’m coming down with some thing” he looked at me and smiled. I told him that I was just going to go because I felt like having some fun. “How long are you going to be gone?” I replied “Not till 2: oo in the morning” he said ok and went to his room and fell asleep.
That night I called Liz and told her that I wanted her to go. She said “I cant, I have a terrible cold and I think I have the flu” I said ok and hung up. I left a bit after that. I kissed Josh so lightly I couldn’t tell if I kissed him or not. As the door shut Josh immediately text Liz and told her that he was alone. As they started talking dirty and wanting each other, I walked in. Josh jumped “Baby I thought you were going out tonight?” he was nervous, I could tell. I asked why and he said “I was calling you to let you know If you could pick me up some medicine” I looked at him and said sure and grabbed my phone and left.
He looked for his phone that he dropped when I walked in. he found it under the couch. He called Liz back and told her to get her ass over here. She agreed and came.
When Liz got there he had his bed made and ready. They sat down and started kissing uncontrollably, as he started taking her cloths off, she stopped him, “I can’t do this, your girlfriend is my best friend and it doesn’t feel right” Josh tries to catch his breath and says “I don’t understand, what the problem?” “I don’t know.” She replied. They continued.
I walked in around 11: oo and went to the kitchen. I got what I needed and went to mine and Josh’s room. What I say next I couldn’t believe. My beloved josh was asleep with my best friend next to him. I stayed in the chair next to the bed and wanted for them to wake up to me glairing at them. When they awoke around 7 that morning, I started going crazy and put all the peaces together, Friday, last night and all the nights he was ‘sick’ and she had to ‘work’. I talked to them one at a time to find out why they would both do this to me. They both replied “It felt right” and I had to say goodbye to both of them.
My love and my best friend, where gone for good, good enough that I didn’t even look at them when they walked bye.
They don’t talk anymore, and they are trying to talk to me. I chose to ignore it and move on to better things.
I found a better guy that I knew I loved and we got married and had I beautiful boy named David Philippe, we call him by his first and middle name. He grew up and graduated from Harvard and became a doctor. My life was amazing and I wouldn’t change it for the world.

No comments: