
I Can’t Believe It…
It was Tuesday, noon and worm. My big sister and I went to a nice Chinese restaurant called Chop Suey. It was her favorite restaurant in the town. My sisters’ name is Payton, and mine Rae Anne. Peyton is 25 and I’m 19. She’s my best friend. Payton’s in her third year of college and I’m just finishing high school. Which is a big difference between both of us, but we don’t care. Payton and I told each other everything. Every little detail about my life she knows and every teeny – tiny detail of hers I know. But there’s just one thing she doesn’t know…and I don’t know how to tell her.
It was Tuesday, noon and worm. My big sister and I went to a nice Chinese restaurant called Chop Suey. It was her favorite restaurant in the town. My sisters’ name is Payton, and mine Rae Anne. Peyton is 25 and I’m 19. She’s my best friend. Payton’s in her third year of college and I’m just finishing high school. Which is a big difference between both of us, but we don’t care. Payton and I told each other everything. Every little detail about my life she knows and every teeny – tiny detail of hers I know. But there’s just one thing she doesn’t know…and I don’t know how to tell her.
As we sat and waited for our food to get here, I hear an annoying sound. I look around to find out what it is and I realized it was just a fly. I tried to ignore it. But I couldn’t “that stupid fly is so annoying!!!” Payton just looked at me and said “you ok?” I nodded my head yeah and looked out the window. I reached out to touch it but I got startled by a dude that looked familiar. It was Jason, from my Physics class. “What’s up kid?” he said to me, “Nothing jay” I replied and he said that he wanted to talk to me and he said it could wait since it was my time with Payton. We said our goodbyes and he left. “What was that about?” “Nothing” I said and we eat the food we ordered. We talked about my boyfriend and hers. She asked other questions and I got the feeling she knew that I was hiding something and she said “are you ok, you look a little sick?” I hesitated and I had to say it… “I’m awe….nothing…”
I almost said it, and I need to say it before she figures it out. I’m sweating and I clenched my spoon. I had to say it “….umm Payton, I need to tell you something and I don’t know how your going to take it” "what is it Rae?” I looked at her and took a deep breath “I’m pregnant”
Then there was silence.
Then there was silence.

1 comment:
Excellent work.
You are Master!
Thank you.
Post a Comment